THE BEST March Break with the kids for under $10
1. INDOOR PLAY DAY at home.
Multiple Stations around the house with fun activities Puzzle Station, Reading Station, Science Slime Station, Craft Station etc. Have passports that they stamp after each station. Click here to learn more and how to set up each station including downloadable template. 2. GO WORKSHOP HOPPING! So many retailers for kids are hosting FREE or ALMOST FREE Workshops for kids during the March Break FREE– Toys R Us has Dragons event, Power Rangers, Beading etc and so much more! FREE– Chapters has LOL Surprise EVENT, Lego Etc. $3- Michaels Crafting Workshops each day from 10am to 12pm.
3. STEAM Learning – Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math Public Libraries are the place to be this March break! Both the Vaughan Public Library and Toronto Public Library are offering many STEAM related events where students can engage in science experiments, coding, and building. If taking part in a workshop isn’t your thing, the library is always a great place to go to select a few books and unwind in peace.
4. GET OUTDOORS Skating & Tubing -Harbourfront, Evergreen Brickworks- ALL FREE -Ontario Place Skating with DJ Winter Light Exhibition at Ontario Place
5. LET THEM BE BORED- HAVE A BOREDOM BOX Boredom is actually a good thing for kids, it lets their imagination soar. Have a box with all left-over crafts and gadgets and say here you go create something and use your imagination.
6. BOARD GAMES Let’s take it old school. Our kids LOVE Monopoly! Set up board games in different areas of the house and let them play with each other or you play with them.
7. IN THE KITCHEN Kids love cooking, baking, creating. For the most part, cooking provides our children with wonderful opportunities to also apply Math skills! Make some FUNKY Pizza’s and REAL COOL OVER THE TOP Milkshakes with them (like the ones you would spend almost $15 on if you went out)
8. SET UP A MOVIE THEATRE FORT Our kids love setting up forts with blankets and chairs. Tell them to create a movie theatre fort. Set up an iPad up inside and let them watch a movie on NETFLIX. Make some popcorn and let them have fun!
9. VISIT YOUR LOCAL MALL for FREE EVENTS Here is a list of FREE Events happening thanks to my friend Jennifer from Entertain Kids on a Dime who created this list. Pickering Town Centre (Pickering) https://pickeringtowncentre.com/events/ptc-march-break-2019 Agincourt Mall (Scarborough) https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2267601696824470&id=1561579487426698&__tn__=%2As%2As-R Eglinton Square (Scarborough) https://www.eglintonsquare.ca/events Parkway Mall (Toronto) http://parkwaymall.ca/events/ North York Sheridan Mall (Toronto) https://www.northyorksheridanmall.com/events/ York Gate Mall (Toronto) http://www.yorkgatemall.com/news-promotions Cedarbrae Mall (Toronto) https://cedarbraemall.ca/events/ Cloverdale Mall (Etobicoke) https://www.cloverdalemall.com/events-promotions/ Shoppers World (Brampton) https://www.facebook.com/events/318778385445039/?event_time_id=318778392111705?ti=icl Erin Mills Town Centre (Mississauga) https://www.erinmills.ca/events Dixie Outlet Mall (Mississauga) https://dixieoutletmall.com/…/dixieoutlet-march-break-happe… Bramalea City Centre (Brampton) https://www.bramaleacitycentre.ca/…/bramaleacitycentre-marc… Milton Mall (Milton) https://www.miltonmall.com/events/milton-march-break-fun Oakville Place (Oakville) https://oakvilleplace.com/events/ Burlington Centre (Burlington) https://burlingtoncentre.ca/events/ Seaway Mall (Welland) http://seawaymall.com/event/march-break Fairview Mall (St. Catherines) https://fairviewmallstcatharines.com/events/ Stone Road Mall (Guelph) https://www.stoneroadmall.ca/events Cambridge Centre (Cambridge) https://cambridge-centre.com/events/ Westmount Shopping Centre (London) https://www.westmountshoppingcentre.com/…/westmount-march-b… Lambton Mall (Sarnia) https://www.lambtonmall.com/events Tecumseh Mall (Windsor) https://www.tecumsehmall.com/events Georgian Mall (Barrie) https://georgianmall.ca/event/March-Break-Madness/2145522246
10. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING- Stay home, relax and let the kids do whatever they want. Watch our link below from Breakfast Television as we discuss a few of these fun things to do during the March Break.